4 x Seven-ounce filet mignons
Five peppercorn mix – (2 black, 2 white, 2 green, 2 pink, 1szechwan)
1 cup Canola oil
1 tbl Chopped garlic
1 x Rosemary sprig
Salt to taste
Celeriac Potato Cake see * Note
Fried Garlic And Baby Spinach Saute see * Note
Basil Oil see * Note
1 cup Demi-glace (optional)
Procedures : * Coat the beef with the peppercorns and marinate in oil, garlic and rosemary for 4 hours or overnight, refrigerated.
* Season beef with salt and sear in a heavy pan. Turn beef over and place in 375 degree oven for 8 to 12 minutes depending on thickness of filet. Cook until medium-rare.
* Place beef on top of a Celeriac Potato Cake so that it will absorb the juices of the beef. Make 3 mounds of the Fried Garlic And Baby Spinach Saute around the beef and drizzle with Basil Oil and demi-glace.
* This recipe yields 4 servings.
* Suggested Wine: Villa Caffagio, Chianti Classico, Vendemmia, 1996
* Comments: The original recipe title as listed is “5 Peppercorn Beef Tenderloin With Celeriac-Potato Cake Fried Garlic And Baby Spinach Saute With Basil Oil”